Essential Facts Every ATM Buyer Should Know
- Why do I want an ATM in my place of business?
ATM’s increase your profits and add Customer service. Consider the following:
- You receive income every time a customer uses an ATM
- Customers appreciate the added service and that helps create customer loyalty
- Industry research shows that customers who use a store’s ATM tend to spend more in that store
- ATMs often reduce credit card usage and that reduces the store owner’s credit card fees
- An ATM can decrease or eliminate the need to accept checks
- How do I get the money back that is withdrawn from my ATM?
Money withdrawn from your ATM is re-deposited back into your bank account daily. You will receive all money withdrawn today within 24 to 48 hours via ACH (that is why we need a voided check). During the installation you will be trained to load the cash in your ATM. As necessary you will withdraw funds from your bank and replenish the ATM. The load frequency can be determined by you based on how much cash you load.
- If I buy an ATM machine, how do I make money?
You keep 100% of the surcharge collected on withdrawal transactions from your ATM equipment. CORD will accumulate your monthly ATM surcharge earnings and mail you a check by the 20th of each month.
- Who Sets the Surcharge on my ATM machine?
YOU DO! Today, the typical ATM surcharge is $2.50 to $3.00. You set the surcharge on your ATM equipment and CORD does the processing work. You then collect the money!
- How does the ATM Cash Cycle Work?
First, your customer withdraws cash from your ATM machine. Next, the cash is withdrawn from the ATM customer’s account and ACH is deposited into your bank account. Finally, you withdraw the cash from your bank account and load the cash into your ATM machine. The cash cycle then begins all over again.
- How do I determine the cash amount to load into the ATM?
There are several factors that need to be considered in loading cash into your ATM.
- How many transactions are expected?
- Is this a payday week for my customers?
- Are there any special events scheduled in the area?
- How much cash will the average customer withdraw from the ATM machine on each transaction?
Determining your initial load may seem difficult but, it becomes easier each week as you gather statistical history. Here are some step-by-step helpful tips:
- Estimate your transactions as a % of foot traffic
- Our experience shows that the average ATM withdrawal is around $80 per transaction
- Consider adding 20 – 30% additional cash to your cash load (missing a transaction because your ATM is out of funds not only causes customer annoyance, it also keeps you from earning transaction fees)
- CORD Financial Services provides you access to on-line reports to let you monitor your ATM’s activity and cash balance
- If your ATM machine is running short, you can always add more cash
- What does CORD’s ATM Purchase Price Include?
Every ATM sale or ATM machine lease includes:
- ATM Machine (CORD offers Nautilus Hyosung, Triton, GenMega and Hantle ATM’s)
- Free Shipping
- Professional ATM installation (optional)
- Free ATM equipment technical support
- Real-time internet reporting
You are responsible for:
- A dedicated telephone line or DSL Connection for the ATM machine.
- Dedicated electrical source for the ATM machine
- Do I get support after the ATM sale?
Yes! CORD Financial Services takes great pride in providing our customers with unmatched customer service for ATM sales. Whether you need ATM sales technical support over the phone or an emergency afterhours service call our service department is available. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff offers unsurpassed customer service. We understand that you can buy an ATM machine anywhere but will they be there to help after the sale?
- What is the difference between an ATM Processing vs. ATM Placement program?
A processing program requires you to buy the ATM and manage the cash loading while CORD handles the processing of your transactions. Because you own the ATM and manage it, this option gives you the maximum possible revenue from your machine.If you would like an ATM in your location without the capital costs or maintenance hassle, CORD can qualify you for an ATM placement. For this option, CORD will pay for and manage all aspects of the ATM from purchasing to cash loading. We then share of percentage of the surcharge revenue with you.